Saturday, March 29, 2008

Track...

I'll be up front with my opinion. Not to disparage the dedication of athletes who are very skilled at what they do (surely things I could never do with my body)... I really hate track and field.

I've just never enjoyed shooting it. It's a free-for-all with no jersey numbers and simultaneous events. I didn't think it could get any worse than outdoor track... until I came here. At the beginning of the season it's all held indoors. Great... And even worse, it's held at Neenah, whose lighting I've already complained about on this blog.

But on the upside of things, it's one helluva challenge that either makes you crazy or creative. Here's a little of both:

Some people say quiet moments are boring or aren't moments at all.
I don't really agree with that.

Whoa. You know you're struggling when you're taking pictures of shoes. But man.. I couldn't pass up the colors. Runners' shoes are crazy sometimes...

And... yeah... go ahead... give this one a big fat F for failure. Definitely not a winner, here.

Hey, I'll take this. That's alright. What, you say? It's only a trial heat. Psh.

Sweet, I'll take this, too. But, come on... Helmets? The ancient Greeks didn't wear helmets...

Here I go with the blur again...

I can't even escape fire extinguishers and electrical outlets at a sporting event. Lovely backgrounds I'm getting...

Thank you Mr. Official for standing in front of that weird wall.

No comments: