Saturday, May 23, 2009

Biz...

Business section assignments can be really challenging. They have the potential to be empty stores, static portraits and product shots. I can usually make something pretty decent out of them, though... I feel a lot of creative dissonance going into these situations, and that unbalanced, uneasy feeling somehow helps me get myself together...

Jacque Jadin, co-owner of Trikes to Bikes & More in New Franken, Wis., works on a repair job in the store's shop area, Wednesday afternoon, May 20, 2009.


This isn't a winner, I don't think. I like the lighting, the textures of the shop, tools, equipment (I really should have asked what the Aussie hairspray is for)... It's quiet and straightforward and serves its purpose of showing a business owner and her work. I just don't feel very engaged by it... but I do think it's more interesting than something posed would have been.

No comments: