Sunday, July 19, 2009

2009 Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame inductions

Had the opportunity to cover the 2009 inductions for the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame. On the way in I saw something you don't see everyday: three Vince Lombardi trophies guarded by Marines... shot it from the escalator.

I'm not a lifelong Packers fan, nor am I a huge NFL guy (I prefer college and preps). I'm an Ohio transplant who is, by default of living in Wisconsin, happily a Packers fan. So I'm not up to snuff with the trivia. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong: I'm assuming that the three trophies represent the Packers' three Super Bowl victories: 1966, 1967, and 1996. But, to be nit-picky... from what I've read, prior to 1970 it was technically the World Championship Game Trophy.

Dorsey Levens, left, and Antonio Freeman, right, share a laugh while appearing for a press conference at Lambeau Field before the two became the newest members of the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, at the Lambeau Field Atrium in Green Bay, Wis., Saturday, July 18, 2009.

Marines stand guard around Vince Lombardi trophies in the Lambeau Field Atrium before a dinner inducting Antonio Freeman and Dorsey Levens into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame in Green Bay, Wis., Saturday, July 18, 2009.

No comments: