Saturday, November 07, 2009

Humane society founder

The portrait session could have been a total flop. Conditioned to be fearful of guns and clicks, poor Gus was afraid of my camera. In 15 minutes I only made about 30 frames... about 29 of which were terribly lit, or the flashes didn't fire, or the expressions were bad, or the background wasn't clean, or Gus was hiding from me. To boot, the session was cut short because I got called off of it to cover a rollover crash in the vicinity.

I don't know how it happened... but this little moment occurred and somehow got captured. With more time and a calm dog I might have done better (particularly with the lighting), but I doubt I could have asked for a better picture given the circumstances.

Bette Anderson gives Gus, a three year-old Rottweiler-Chow mix, some scratches at Packerland Veterinary Center in Green Bay, Wis., Wednesday morning, Nov. 4, 2009. Anderson was a co-founder of the Bay Area and Oconto Area Human Societies.

No comments: