Friday, December 11, 2009

Blizzard

More than a foot of snow was dumped on northeast Wisconsin overnight Tuesday into Wednesday, easily the biggest storm we've had since I moved here.

The one thing I love about snow is the sound of silence... the blanket that the snow creates over the earth and the deadness in sound that results. It's an awesome sensation that gives me shivers. Here's a photo I took as I walked out the door of my apartment building to start my day. Snow up to my knees...


Traffic proceeds slowly on U.S. 41 near Wrightstown after an intense winter storm dumped more than a foot of snow on Northeast Wisconsin and the Green Bay area early Wednesday morning, Dec. 9, 2009.

Brandon Quinn runs his snowblower outside of his home on Lost Dauphin Road in De Pere, Wis., after an intense winter storm dumped more than a foot of snow on Northeast Wisconsin and the Green Bay area on Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2009.

A street clock in De Pere.

Our A1 the next morning.

Snow weighs down tree branches on Lost Dauphin Road in De Pere, Wis., after an intense winter storm dumped more than a foot of snow on Northeast Wisconsin and the Green Bay area on Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2009.

Colleague Corey Wilson tends to me and my car while stuck in a ditch on Reforestation Road in Suamico. My car was pulled out by a wrecker about 8 hours later.

I just wanted this photo:
Evergreen trees near Suamico, Wis., were weighed down by heavy snow after an intense winter storm.

Yeah. Not worth it.

Plows drive southbound on U.S. 41 near Howard.

Dan Shadian with Shadian Landscaping runs a snowblower between rows of Christmas Trees in a tree lot next to the I-57 Service Center on University Avenue in Green Bay, Wis., Thursday, Dec. 10, 2009.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with all of this snow," said Luke Drummond of Racine, a freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay as he dug out his vehicle in a campus parking lot in Green Bay, Wis., Thursday, Dec. 10, 2009.

Snow crusts the entrance to an apartment on West Shawano Avenue in Green Bay, Wis., Thursday morning, Dec. 10, 2009.

No comments: