Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wisconsin's First Lady

Had an enjoyable time photographing Wisconsin's First Lady Tonette Walker at the Executive Residence last month for a profile story on the Governor's wife by WSJ reporter Clay Barbour. Would like to thank Clay, especially, for his reflector-holding skills!

I began scouting the first floor of the residence for locations immediately upon arrival. A small sunroom with some delicate, nearly pastel decor was an easy choice, followed by the dining room. I don't consider myself a strong portrait photographer, but I feel like I escaped from this assignment with some decent shots.



This was also my first time giving my new Lastolite Professional TriGrip Difflector as a shoot-thru strobe modifier. I won it last month at the Wisconsin News Photographers Association convention. I can definitely see a lot of use ahead for this thing! Very pleased.

No comments: