Sunday, July 22, 2007

Park to Park Paddle

I wish I had a kayak.

I love being out on the water. I surely cannot afford an actual boat, and with a bit of saving I probably could buy a kayak in a couple years.

But... where the hell would I put a kayak?

I realize it's not like I live in New York City, and in a closet. But it's not like I've got a 3-car garage and a tool-shed, either. I have a Subaru with a rack these days, but I would look like such a doofus riding-up to all of my assignments with a gigantic kayak on top of my car.

But hey, if the Fox River ever caught fire, I would totally have the best spot news photos ever!

Ridin' the rapids and through the flames...

Here's a photo from the event that rekindled my zeal to obtain a kayak. Just took a high position on a bridge to show the paddlers leaving downtown Neenah.

No comments: