Thursday, June 22, 2006

soccer tourney

I've been assigned with another photographer to the huge youth soccer tournament that has invaded the Fox Valley. Coverage began today with preparation photos and walking through our coverage plans.

Yes... we have a plan. We have contingency plans. Yes... for a youth soccer tournament.

This is the largest tournament in the midwest involving teams from about 10 states. About 12,000 are expected to attend. There are no hotel rooms available. There are 14 fields of play. Each day we are producing a 16-page special section for on-site distribution.

This should be interesting.

I am allowed one artsy frame per week. This is my frame. If only some dude had come close to these water jugs so I had a human element. Can't have my way all the time though...

No comments: