Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The comedy club...

I've never been to a comedy show... I've never seen live comedy. I've only seen it on TV (when I had cable I was addicted to Comedy Central). I'm periodically amazed at where my job takes me, and this was a really fun assignment.

I was happy with most of the photos I took during the night. But this one I was glad I saw. It's dark a heck in these places and there are only a couple of very focused can-lights in the rafters. I just waited for a waitress to take a drink order from the tables near that light. I knew then to move to the back of the room and played the waiting game. I was pre-focused on where she'd walk by under the light and I like the result.

Love the moody feel, although it's really begging for the cigarette smoke you'd expect in a night club. Darn smoking ban!




Waitress Trisha Hughes delivers drinks to tables while comedian Tanyalee Davis of Las Vegas performs at the 8pm show at the Skyline Comedy Cafe in Appleton, Wis., Friday evening, Oct. 19, 2007.

No comments: