Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fox Cities Marathon

Lately I've been covering a lot of running. Somehow it's left me inspired to start running myself. My short term goal over the next 6-months is to train for a 5k. In the next two years I would like to run a marathon.

Here are some of my favorite photos from this year's Fox Cities Marathon... like golf it's about finding the aesthetics and the quirky moments, because the peak action ain't that interesting to look at.

Runners arrive by bus early in the morning and sleep in the halls of a nearby building prior to the race.



Volunteers make the marathon go off without a hitch. They do everything from cheer on runners (as in the case of these residents from the St. Paul Elder Services Villa, and the medical staff at the finish line who help people who have given every ounce of energy they have.


No comments: