Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lawrence football... back to the Banta Bowl

I really love shooting at the Banta Bowl... lately the team playing there has been a bit lacking (albeit improving)... but you couldn't ask for a nicer daytime venue to shoot at in our immediate coverage area.

It's usually slightly overcast or backlit. The far end zone is wooded: dark and not distracting at all for the backgrounds. The sidelines aren't crowded either, further eliminating the visual clutter. It's great.


Lately I've been kind of obsessed with shooting from low-angles, ever since I saw an article on SportsShooter.com. I'm giving it a try with the mid-range lenses lying on my belly in the end-zone praying that they don't decide to throw deep into the end-zone my way...

I kind of like this frame of a touchdown run below, but part of me thinks that the awkward body position of the runner is what skews it towards an "almost frame".


No comments: