Thursday, September 06, 2007

More politicians...

... I like this...

Gov. Jim Doyle made an appearance at Appleton East High School to promote the Wisconsin Covenant Plan, aiming to get Wisconsin ninth-graders to commit to achieving high standards in academics and citizenship in exchange for a guaranteed spot at a Wisconsin university.

Never doubt that a politician's public appearance is planned to a T. Students who had signed the Wisconsin Covenant were chosen to be in the background behind Doyle as he spoke. To me, it's a game. They setup a trap and it's my job to force myself to find another way of seeing the event. I try to ignore and work around these staged photo opportunities.



But sometimes you have to just swallow your pride and nail the photo of the guy after he's named an "honorary Appleton East Patriot," sporting the fresh hat presented to him.

No comments: