Sunday, January 13, 2008

Girl scouts...

Every year, the local Girl Scout council hosts a cook-off at the mall, involving local restaurants making upscale desserts and somehow incorporating one or more Girl Scout cookie types into the recipe.

The contest is judged and then samples are given to the public. And you know what that means! Because it was available to the public, it was available to me! For once I got to eat what I shot!

And you know what? I ate so much sugar and butter-creme frosting I could have puked. I'll pack my lunch next year.

The Machine Shed executive chef Rick Hoerth places some finishing touches on his brownie mint delights before the 2008 Girl Scout Cookie Cook-off in the Macy's wing of the Fox River Mall in Grand Chute, Wis., Saturday, Jan. 12, 2008.

Danielle Eaglin, 6, a Brownie Girl Scout from Neenah, is proud to partake in the Peanut Butter Pat-A-Cake offered by Waupaca's Green Fountain Inn chef and baker Jackie Griffin.

No comments: