Friday, January 11, 2008

Winter farmers' market... from above...

Jim Heinz of Salzman's Market in Fall River, Wis., sells produce to a rare rush of customers at the Winter Farm Market in City Center Plaza in Appleton, Wis., Saturday, Dec. 29, 2007. (published 12/30/07)

Appleton has an extensive farmer's market in the "pleasant" seasons. It's so large the city shuts-down downtown every Sunday morning. It the winter months, the market is moved indoors at City Center and doesn't see much traffic. City Center has three levels, so I used that to my advantage to get this perspective on the fruit. Like I said, shoppers were far and few between. I waited about 35-40 minutes for a group to attack the fruit vendor.

In the next booth over, however, things were not as busy. I'm not heartless... I couldn't bring myself to turn this in for publication, even though I thought it was a more truthful representation of the situation:

No comments: